Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

The developer shall obtain all necessary easements without cost to the district, using the district’s standard easement form. Wherever a water or sewer main is to be laid other than in a public right-of-way, a permanent easement of not less than seven and one-half feet on each side of the centerline of the main shall be provided. In addition, the developer shall provide a temporary construction easement not less than 25 feet in width adjacent to the permanent easement. The developer shall supply the district with the supporting data necessary to verify the location of the easement. If legal services are required by the district in connection with the easement, the cost of such services shall be reimbursed by the developer to the district on demand and before acceptance of the extension.

The district shall be named as a beneficiary, with respect to both water and sewer facilities, in all general utility easements created in connection with the project.

Permanent easements shall also be provided for all water meters, fire hydrants, and backflow assemblies required to protect the public potable water system located outside the public right-of-way.

No permanent structures shall be allowed to be constructed within the permanent easement.

Landscaping and plantings shall be restricted to non-root intrusive low growing shrubs, grass, and surface coverings.

Vehicle access, as approved by the district, shall be provided to all manholes and facilities. Access to any fenced easement shall be provided via a duplex gate (12-foot opening width) of matching construction, to be approved by the district.

All off-site easements shall be obtained by the developer and reviewed by the district prior to approval of the construction plans. All other easements shall be provided and reviewed by the district prior to acceptance of the work performed under the contract. When the form of required easements are approved by district, the developer shall record the easement with the county auditor and provide a record easement document to the district as a condition of acceptance.

An easement shall be provided to the district for access to all backflow assemblies required to protect the public potable water supply from possible contamination. [Res. 735 § 1, 2017.]